Post your responses here by due date. Answer any 5 of the following 7 questions:
1) “The Federal Reserve System is structured in such a way as to insulate monetary policy from the political pressures characteristic of the rest of our political system of representative democracy.” Do you agree or disagree with this quote? Explain your answer.
2) a) In what sense does the Fed “create money”?
b) Suppose that the minimum required reserve ratio for banks was 1/11. Also suppose that banks held no excess reserves and that currency in circulation was unchanged. What action in the Treasury bill market would the Fed have to take to increase bank checking account deposits by $990 million?
3) Assuming that banks used all their excess reserves to support an increase in the volume of bank lending, by how much would bank lending expand if the Fed undertook the policy action that was your answer to question (2)?
4) Suppose that households in the U.S. increased their desired holdings of currency by $55 million as the Fed was adding reserves to the banking system. How would your answer to question (2) be affected, assuming that the Fed still wished to generate an increase of $990 million in checking account deposits?
5) Suppose that households in the US switched some of their wealth out of their checking accounts and into short term bank CD’s. If banks use all excess reserves to support increased lending, what is the effect on this household behavior on the overall volume of bank lending? What is its effect on the level of M1?
6) What is the difference between the Federal Reserve’s “discount rate” and the “federal funds” rate? Why is the discount rate in the US not as important in financial markets as the federal funds rate?
7) Why is it not possible for the Fed to predict exactly how large an increase in the money supply (M1) will result from a given open market purchase.
24/7 Reliable Homework Help.
For career-driven professionals who need help with their homework.
When your time is limited but you need to turn in a high-quality academic paper that will boost your grades.
Instead of copy pasting pieces of text from the web hoping to get a good grade, this is how our tutors can help you with this particular question.
Step 1: Your paper details
Give us your homework instructions,
grading rubric, and anything else
you think we need to complete
step 2: get your paper price
To do so, tell us your academic level,
your assignment deadline, number of pages,
and the assignment spacing.
step 3: Your Login details
Register an account with us,
and pay for your academic paper
by clicking on secure checkout.
last step: assign your paper
Once you’ve paid for your paper, we’ll then assign it to a course-specific writer(s).
Here’s the paper you get from us:
- Plagiarism-free paper.
- Subject-specific content.
- Neat presentation and flow.
- Perfect spelling and grammar.
- Correct assignment length.
- Quality references used.
- Correct referencing style.
- Correct paper formatting.
- Up to date references.
- Authentic references.
And because your grades are too important to you, we give you these guarantees…
- Plagiarism Free, Every Time: Every piece of work we deliver comes with a dedicated plagiarism report using Turnitin.
- Complete Confidentiality: This is completely confidential. Your details will never be shared with anyone at all.
- Always On Time: We stand firmly by our commitment to deliver your work on time because we know it’s URGENT.
For the price of $24.99 a page, here’s exactly what you’ll get:
1 A high-quality paper written by a professional tutor with over 15 years writing experience.
2A 100% original paper written from scratch delivered to your email with a Turnitin report.
3Extra fast delivery on your paper this way you won’t have to miss a single deadline.
4Thorough quality checks performed to your paper right before we send it to you.
5A course-specific writer is assigned to your paper. Example, if you are a nursing student, we’ll give you a nursing graduate.
6Real time support through email and live chat. Available to you even on the weekends.
7Your paper will be eligible for free unlimited revisions.
Ready to try it for yourself too?
© 2018 | Intelli Essays Homework Service®