There are a few websites that offer products from all over the world. We can modify the assignment so that there is no interview but instead all your research is done online. Here is the website to use:
Select a product from the website that you choose. Describe the website. Interview Attempt replacement: Since you cannot do the interview, please evaluate the information on the website and determine whether a customer can actually submit questions about the product.
1. Select an ethnic group other than your own that you would like to study. Do two powerpoint slides.
NOTE: Your powerpoint must include the following information:
– Introduction: Describe the ethnic group that you are studying, name and address of store, etc.
-Explain how you found the unfamiliar product, write down your first impressions of what you think the product is made of and what it is used for.
-Discuss the cues on the product. If it is packaged, what information can you find? If it is not packaged, did the store signs give you any information? What information would you want, as a consumer?
– Describe what section of the website your product is placed in, i.e. describe what products were near it.
– Use the web to find additional information on your product. Provide the URL you used.
– After finding out what the product is, consider whether or not the product would be marketable in the United States. Be prepared to describe why or why not.
– Product form: Could it be changed to some other form for U.S. consumers?
– Guarantees, safety, instructions, warranties, “use by” dates, etc. Are modifications needed?
– Testing: is taste or usability testing needed? What if it looks good, but the taste is not acceptable?
– How are the brand names, colors, and pictures used in the original package? Are they related to familiar symbols in the home country? Will those same color choices be appropriate in the U.S.?