1. The ________ pay plan has long been popular as a means of compensating production workers by paying a fixed sum for each unit of production completed. piece-rate gainsharing competency-based profit sharing 2. Supportive leadership is most likely to result in what outcome for subordinates? Better coordination among subordinates Stronger organizational commitment Stronger satisfaction with the leader Better performance by subordinates 3 . With reference to the Hofstedes Framework for Assessing Cultures, ________ emphasizes a tight social framework in which people expect others in groups of which they are a part to look after them and protect them. masculinity uncertainty avoidance collectivism long-term orientation 4. Which of the following terms describes basic convictions that a specific mode of conduct or end-state of existence is personally or socially preferable to an opposite mode of conduct? Emotions Values Attitudes Feelings 5. With reference to the job characteristics model, which of the following defines skill variety? The degree to which a job requires completion of a whole and identifiable piece of work The degree to which a job provides the worker freedom in scheduling and procedure The degree to which work activities generate direct and clear information about performance The degree to which a job requires a variety of different activities tapping different abilities 6. Which of the following is Theory X consistent with? The autocratic style of managing people The use of recognition and achievements to motivate employees The vertical enhancement of jobs to enhance autonomy The principles of participative management 7.________ is an extrinsic means of motivation. Salary Flexibility Recognition Responsibility 8. Which of the following is the least desirable approach for developing subordinates? Provide detailed instructions on how to carry out each assignment Provide constructive feedback about effective and ineffective behavior Provide opportunities to learn from experience Ask specific questions to help the person analyze his or her performance 9. Which of the following refers to the tendency to be arrogant, have a grandiose sense of self-importance, require excessive admiration, and have a sense of entitlement? Asceticism Narcissism Cynicism Stoicism 10. Those with a ________ personality identify opportunities, show initiative, take action, and persevere until meaningful change occurs, compared to others who passively react to situations. type A high Mach high self-monitoring proactive 11. With reference to John Hollands personality-job fit theory, people belonging to the investigative type prefer physical activities that require skill, strength, and coordination activities that involve thinking, organizing, and understanding ambiguous and imaginative activities that allow creative expression activities that involve helping and developing others 12. Which dimension of the Big Five Model is a measure of reliability? Conscientiousness Agreeableness Extroversion Emotional stability 13. Which of the following statements is true regarding a merit-based pay plan? It is also called competency-based pay plan. A typical merit-based pay plan provides no base salary and pays the employee only for what he or she produces. It bases pay levels on how many skills employees have or how many jobs they can do. Unions typically resist merit-based pay plans. 14. The _____ is a personality assessment model that taps basic dimensions which encompass most of the significant variation in human personality, namely extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, emotional stability, and openness to experience. Keirsey Temperament Sorter Birkman Method Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Big Five Model 15. Which of the following guidelines for recognizing an employees performance was recommended? Provide recognition only for outstanding performance Actively look for effective behavior or contributions to recognize Provide more recognition to people in essential, high-visibility jobs Give praise in private to avoid embarrassing the recipient 16. Which of the following personality traits indicates the degree to which a person is unemotional and pragmatic and believes that ends can justify means? Agreeableness Extraversion Machiavellianism Narcissism 17. Adam Sears is an assembly-line employee with Swenson Motors. Though Adam is popular among his supervisors and colleagues, Adam experiences low morale and lack of motivation. He feels frustrated that his job is restricted to fixing nuts and bolts on the car parts. He fears that he has no chances of advancing in his career as he cannot completely assemble a car. Which of the following is true with regard to Adam? Adams job has a high span of control. Adams job has low task identity. Adams job has high task complexity. Adams job has low role definition. 18. Which of the following is most likely to be a drawback of highly conscientious people according to the Big Five Model? They are unlikely to engage in numerous risky behaviors such as smoking and drinking They focus on learning instead of performing a job They emphasize excessively on being creative They do not adapt well to changing contexts 19. Which of the following is an instrumental value according to the Rokeach value survey? Social recognition Personal discipline Meaning in life Economic success 20. Which of the following refers to bottom-line conclusions individuals have about their capabilities, competence, and worth as a person? Authoritarianism Self-monitoring Machiavellianism Core self-evaluation 21. Milton Rokeach created the Rokeach Value Survey (RVS) which consisted of two sets of values, namely ________ values and ________ values. fluid; stable instrumental; terminal flexible; enduring flexible; essential 22. According to Blake and Mouton, effective leaders are most likely to facilitate subordinate growth and development by having a moderate concern for both the task and relationships a moderate concern for the task and a high concern for relationships a high concern for the task and a moderate concern for relationships a high concern for both the task and relationships 23. Alex was sent to Beijing to help local managers solve the problem of growing worker dissatisfaction at their manufacturing facility located in the city. As part of his visit, he decided to have a town hall meeting with the workers to understand the problems that they were facing and the reasons for their discontent. The turnout at the meeting was substantial; however, when asked for their opinions and suggestions, the crowd fell silent. As a result, Alex was unable to determine the reason for employee dissatisfaction. Which of the following, if true, best explains this situation? The employees are genuinely concerned about improving their lot. A small portion of the workers at the facility belong to the Baby Boomers generation. Alex was sent to Beijing as he was one of the few employees conversant in the local language. There is an unequal distribution of power in the company.
Please note that this is just a preview of a school assignment posted on our website by one of our clients. If you need assistance with this question too, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page to get started.
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.